School of Engineering Swansea University
- Electronics System Design Centre, College of Engineering,
Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, SA2 8PP
- 01792 602816
Zhongfu’s main research interests are power electronics converters and real-time control for renewable energy power conversion systems. Research projects involved in recent years are: development of high efficiency PV inverters (as part of SPARC project), technical and economic feasibility study of a multi MW Wave Dragon offshore wave energy converter (FP6), and Electro-Thermal simulation of IGBT Inverter Power Module for TOYOTA Hybrid Vehicles. PhD, Sussex University (2004). Research officer, Swansea University (since 2004).
Role in SOLCER
Research on DC distribution within the home includes: simulation of various householder DC distribution system, possible system configurations and assessment, power loss calculation and efficiency analysis (WP3 demand).
• Z. Zhou, S. Batcup, R. Lewis, M. Fazeli, P.M. Holland and P. Igic, Implementation and evaluation of a MPPT boost converter based on an emulated PV source using an indoor PV panel and DC power supply, 9th Photovoltaic Science, Applications and Technology Conference C95, Swansea, 2013
• M. Fazeli, P. M. Holland, J. B. Ekanayake, R. P. Lewis, Z. Zhou, P. Igic, Voltage Control by Photovoltaic Generation at Distribution Level , 9th Photovoltaic Science, Applications and Technology Conference C95, Swansea, 2013
• Z. Zhou and Y. Liu, “Pre-sampled data based Prediction Control for Active Power Filters, International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems”, Vol. 37, No.1 May 2012.
• Z. Zhou and Y. Liu “Time Delay Compensation based Fast Current Controller for Active Filters”, IET Power Electronics, Vol. 5, No. 7, 2012.
• P. Igic, Z. Zhou, W. Knapp, J. MacEnri, H. Ch. Sorensen, E. F. Madsen, “Multi MW Offshore Wave Energy Converters - Electrical System Configuration and Generator Control Strategy”, IET Renewable Power Generation , 5(1), 2011.
• Z. Zhou, C. Wang, Y. Liu, P. Holland and P. Igic, “Current Observer based Feed-forward DC Bus Voltage Control for Active Rectifiers”, Electric Power Systems Research, Vol. 84, No.1 March 2012.
• Z. Zhou, M. S. Kanniche, S.G.Butcup, P. Igic, “High Speed Electro-thermal Simulation Model of Inverter Power Modules for Hybrid Vehicle Drive Systems”, IET Electric Power Application ,5(8), 2011.
• Z. Zhou, T. C. Yang, P. Holland, R. Lewis, and P. Igic “Robust Design of Power System Stabilizers using an Optimal Algorithm”, International Journal of Power and Energy Systems, 31(1), 2011.
• Z. Zhou and P. Igic, “High-Speed Electro-Thermal Modelling of a Three-Phase IGBT Inverter Power Module”, International Journal of Electronics, 97(2), 2010.
• Z. Zhou, P. J. Unsworth, P. M. Holland, P. Igic “Design and Analysis of a Feed Forward Control Scheme for a Three Phase Voltage Source PWM Rectifier Using Sensorless Load Current Signal”, IET Power Electronics. 2(4), 2009.